|A picture taken from a truck, hanging out the window, backwards, on a ferry. Oh, and there were cars all around. I had to zoom in just enough to cut out my truck's hind end and the cars to the left. Enjoy!|
BarnaclePatient, they build, climbing ever higher.Barnacle by Miluiel-the-Friendly
Clamoring tides beset them, but they are not moved.
Grey, black, and brown,
the shade of choking dust and
drowned earth, unaffected.
Will and grasp of iron, these pervasive,
of the deep multiply with
the passing waves.
Hailing passage aboard seafaring vessels,
weathering the beating docks,
times seems their friend.
If you perchance go to visit the sea,
take a look below and you will spy this quiet dweller,
aloof and unloved, yet still growing strong.
10 Random Facts About Me:
1. I like ketchup on eggs....and bananas. Found this out by accident. I had a banana for breakfast and if fell into the ketchup and eggs. I was lazy and didn't wipe the ketchup off. Tasty. I also like peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. Shoot me.
2. I have never taken an official English class, probably because I was homeschooled and skipped high school. I took a Creative Writing class last time through college, but I will take English 101 for the first time this year. Despite that, I'm still an author and have been writing fiction since 2009.
4. As previously mentioned, I skipped high school. I graduated from my first college a week or two before turning 19. I'm almost 24 now.
5. I dislike the idea of falling, but I've gone skydiving twice. It was less scary than I thought it would be. Go figure.
6. I read at least 2-3 grades above my age when I was growing up. Probably why I'm a writer now.
7. I didn't want to learn to drive. It's second nature now, but I really didn't want to learn to drive when I was younger.
8. I was kicked in the face by a horse I was training, been bucked off another where I pinched my Sciatic nerve, had a horse's muzzle smack me upside the head and leave a black eye, and been bit and stepped on countless times. Despite all that, I've never broken a bone, been knocked out, or had to get stitches. Ever.
9. I do noisy and strange really well.
10. I have double jointed thumbs. Well, the left one for sure.
Hi, I'm me! Artist and horse rider extraordinaire. I love photography, painting, graphic design, and drawing. I'm currently enrolled in college for a degree in Visual Communications (fancy speak for graphic design).|
I'm also nuts about writing, thanks to Katherine Grace Bond and her infamous writing camp, EpicWrite. It opened my eyes to the world of fiction and I haven't looked back. The particular universe my masterpiece novel is set in, was created during the 2009 Summer event. I've been actively writing since then and hope to finish it soon.
I'm also a Christian.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in Heaven." Matthew 5:16